All you need to know about our Twin Tabs
For those of you who find don’t like working with Tape Hair, or simply want to offer something different, then you need to get to know our Twin TabsⓇ. Clean and quick application, removal and then refit - here’s absolutely everything you need to know about this revolutionary method.
We all know how messy and time-consuming tape hair is for removal and maintenance appointments. Even with the correct removal products and skills, these appointments are a stylist’s nightmare and show a client’s dedication to her hair. Thankfully, the Twin Tabs® fix all this and with the wider tops, they are also often compared to micro weft too.Hair
Using our Elegance hair, which is a blend of Russian and Mongolian sourced hair that with good aftercare, can give the client at least 12 months’ wear.Bond
The Polyurethane top securely holds the hair in place to prevent shedding, is flexible and super thin against the client’s head. The injection moulding on the outside mimics the hair growth so they are less visible in the hair and six pre-cut circles allow for working with 3.5 mm Silicone Rings for the attachment.
Each tab is 6cm wide and 8g of hair with the 16” lengths. So, to compare these to the Injection Tapes, you get 4 Twin Tabs® which would be equivalent to a pack of 10 Injection Tapes.Colours
Working with the most popular colours from the Elegance Colour range, Twin Tabs® are available for 36 shades.Application
- Section the hair neatly.
- Place the Twin Tab® up against the top section line and open up the tabs, securing both the top and bottom with a clip.
- Using the guide holes and your section comb, pull through the client’s hair.
- Working with a threader and 3.5mm silicone ring, clamp down to close the lock on the client’s hair.
- On each end take a small section of hair to add to the outer guide hole sections before closing with a3.5mm silicone ring. This helps hold the sides securely and neatly.
- Remove the section clips and drop down the top layer of the Twin TabⓇ before adding more extensions.
Here’s a short video showing you just how it’s done:Removal
This is clean and simple too, just release the lock with a gentle squeeze, bring the Twin Tab® down the hair, brush through and you are ready for re-application straight away. This is where the Twin Tabs® are a complete winner for extensionists. Super Stylist, Mark Taylor says:
Absolute genius! You can have a full head in around 30-40 mins with actually less extensions in and have the same thickness as regular extensions. Plus, there is no stickiness or thread as with regular types. Honestly they are a game changer.
We see these as really useful for creating colour flashes and volume boosts, and you can see some great examples of extension work with these on our social pages.